Farrukhabad was founded by Nawab Mohammad Khan Bangash,
who named it after the reigning emperor Farrukhsiyar, in 1714, the district of Farrukhabad
forms part of Kanpur division. The township of Farrukhabad, Fatehgarh consist of two
towns, Farrukhabad & Fatehgarh, the former being the headquarters of the Tehsil & the latter
forming the headquarters of the district, both lying about 5 Kms apart. The district as it
exists now is bounded by Badaun and Shahjahanpur on the north, Hardoi on the east,
Kannauj on the south and district Etah & Mainpuri on the west. Rivers Ganga & Ramganga
are located towards the east & Kali Nadi towards the south.